Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays so I’m very particular about my Halloween decorations. There’s something I love about a real candle in a Jack O’ Lantern on Halloween. I can’t jump on the artificial candle bandwagon because I feel it doesn’t […]
Month: October 2014
A couple of weeks ago I shared with you the story of how I hit a skunk and how I couldn’t get rid of the smell inside my car. I tried several things: I left my car windows open as I drove for several days. I […]
Kids can be so rough on their things. My daughter has proved that point. Just look at these shoes!
She rubbed the toes right off! But they still fit so instead of throwing them out, I decided to glam them up a bit, get ready for Halloween, and cover the toes.
Here’s what you need to make your own glitter shoes to use for a Cinderella, Dorothy or Fairy Princess costume:
- A worn out pair of shoes
- Tacky Glue
- Very fine glitter in the color of your choice (If you get coarse glitter it will be too scratchy. I found that out the hard way.)
- A sponge brush
- Old newspaper or paper
Here’s how you do it:
1. Lay down newspaper so you don’t get your surface messy.
2. Using a sponge brush, coat one of your shoes in a thick layer of Tacky Glue.
3. Sprinkle glitter all over the shoe then lightly press the glitter into the Mod Podge.
4. Set that shoe aside and repeat with the next shoe.
5. Brush a thin coat of Tacky Glue over each shoe and let them dry until the next day.
6. You’re ready to to dress up!
This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase from one of these links I earn a commission. Thank you for supporting The Creative Recycler! Two steps forward, one step back. Do you ever have one of those days where you’re moving forward but […]
A couple of months ago Saint Francis Organics contacted me to review their bath and body products. If you’ve followed me long, you know this isn’t something I frequently do. But after reviewing their website and company information and what their products were about, I […]