The Best Gluten-Free Pancakes Ever
When my son was diagnosed with his wheat allergy the first two things he asked were, “Can I still have doughnuts and pancakes?”
I still haven’t come up with a great doughnut recipe but I have perfected my gluten-free pancake recipe!
When I say I have perfected my recipe, I mean I knocked it out of the park! I’ve been tweaking my regular wheat pancake recipe for months! Finally, on my 7th change to the recipe, I got it. My husband couldn’t tell the difference.
These gluten-free pancakes taste so good it’s ridiculous! My secret weapon is The French Laundry’s Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour. It is the best gluten-free flour I’ve found, thus far.
Here’s what you need to do to make these mouth watering, better than IHOP pancakes. I can’t wait for you to try them and tell me what you think.
- 1 1/4 cups Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour (see link in blog post)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Spray Oil
- 1. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- 2. In a separate container add combine milk, buttermilk, melted butter, and egg.
- 3. While mixing, slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until batter is well mixed.
- 4. Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat.
- 5. Spray pan or griddle with oil.
- 6. Pour about 1/8 cup of pancake batter onto the pan or griddle.
- 7. When pancake bubbles begin to pop and stay open, flip pancakes.
- 8. Let the pancake cook another 30-60 seconds on opposite side.
- 9. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase products from links on this page, I get a commission. Thank you for supporting my family and The Creative Recycler!