**Disclaimer** I was NOT provided any compensation or products to try by the company reviewed. All opinions are my own. This blog contains affiliate links. That means if you choose to click on a link to a product and purchase it, I earn a commission […]
I love recipes that begin as leftovers. The average person wastes 244 pounds of food each year—roughly the same weight as a refrigerator! Let that sink in… 244! As a person who hates to waste, I use most of my leftovers in new recipes. For […]
When my son was diagnosed with his wheat allergy the first two things he asked were, “Can I still have doughnuts and pancakes?”
I still haven’t come up with a great doughnut recipe but I have perfected my gluten-free pancake recipe!
When I say I have perfected my recipe, I mean I knocked it out of the park! I’ve been tweaking my regular wheat pancake recipe for months! Finally, on my 7th change to the recipe, I got it. My husband couldn’t tell the difference.
These gluten-free pancakes taste so good it’s ridiculous! My secret weapon is The French Laundry’s Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour. It is the best gluten-free flour I’ve found, thus far.
Here’s what you need to do to make these mouth watering, better than IHOP pancakes. I can’t wait for you to try them and tell me what you think.
- 1 1/4 cups Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour (see link in blog post)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Spray Oil
- 1. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- 2. In a separate container add combine milk, buttermilk, melted butter, and egg.
- 3. While mixing, slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until batter is well mixed.
- 4. Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat.
- 5. Spray pan or griddle with oil.
- 6. Pour about 1/8 cup of pancake batter onto the pan or griddle.
- 7. When pancake bubbles begin to pop and stay open, flip pancakes.
- 8. Let the pancake cook another 30-60 seconds on opposite side.
- 9. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase products from links on this page, I get a commission. Thank you for supporting my family and The Creative Recycler!
I hate eating breakfast. There’s too much going on in the mornings to even think about breakfast for myself. Getting Adventure and Mysterious off to school on time is like herding cats. When they finally get to school I feed my little Finale. By then […]
Just like pie is a big part of our family’s Thanksgiving celebration, cake is a big part of our family’s Christmas celebration. When my son was diagnosed with a wheat allergy a couple of years ago it made me rethink our Christmas cake. We tried […]
My children and I are picky when it comes to eating bananas. We like them on the green side of ripe. My husband is the only person at my house who will eat a truly ripe banana. Some weeks that leaves a lot of bananas […]
Now that kids are off of school, the temperature’s hotter, the days are longer, and the pools are open, it’s time for cool summertime treats. One of my favorite summer treats remains the slushee. But you don’t have to head out to the store or […]
My favorite thing about The Holidays is the food. Sure, I gain about 5 pounds every year, but, eh. I do love holiday food.
Mashed potatoes is one of my all-time favorites. It’s the ultimate comfort food.
But what do you do when the rest of your family has become sick of eating leftover mashed potatoes and you still have a container of them in the fridge?
I can think of a few options:
- Eat them all myself (and gain another 5 pounds).
- Feed them to the dogs (and clean up vomit later).
- Have a mashed potato snowball fight.
- Make mashed potato sculptures.
- Or you can make a whole new dinner out of them.
I made them yesterday for my family. The result? SUCCESS!
We enjoyed ours with sausage and corn. I didn’t need to add anything to mine. My husband and daughter put ketchup on theirs.
Enjoy yours however you like. Happy belated Thanksgiving and happy eating!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 12 tbs. all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- diced sauteed onions (optional)
- garlic powder
- 2 tbs. butter
- Mix together in a bowl the mashed potatoes, flour, whipping cream, sauteed onions (optional), cheddar cheese, and egg.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter in a fry pan over medium high heat.
- Drop small pancake-sized dollops of batter in the butter.
- Flip when each side turns golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to cool.
I decided this month’s recipe should be a treat. It’s summertime, after all. We need something to cool us down AND perk us up in the morning. Chocolate Frozen Coffee Step 1: Make coffee to your taste. Step 2: Pour coffee (or leftover coffee) into […]